Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recent obsessions: James Franco

James Franco
Everyone keeps talking about the many "faces" of James Franco.  He has dabbled in acting, writing, directing, modeling and learning.  He is currently enrolled at four universities for different graduate subjects and his assistant makes sure he gets sleep and eats.
The Actor, The Student
The reason for this recent obsession, is his ability to be able to do so many things at once. RESPECT!  Acting alone is a full time job, when you are filming and so is university when you are taking a full course load.  Franco pushes that envelope further too: he is doing three or four.  All at different universities!  Not to say that it is quality over quantity but he is not doing a half bad job.  His more serious roles as an actor (Milk, Howl, and 127 Hours) were amazing.  I haven't seen 127 Hours yet, but I have heard nothing but great reviews.
The Artist, The Writer
I also think he is fascinating.  There is little shadow of doubt looming around his sexual orientation.  He does not push this doubt away or deny anything; James Franco embraces the doubt.  I love it!  However it gets him even more attention than he is already getting.  I think it is very "forward-thinking" of him to allow to public to know fully know the "true" James Franco.
(I don't remember what the one on the left is), The Soap Opera Actor
James Franco: I respect you for doing so many "activities" and you fascinate me.  I can't wait to see the other projects he will be a part of.  I am very excited to watch his career unfold. 
(Something I can't remember), The Face

All pictures taken from New York Magazine article, titled "Is james Franco for Real?"

No comments:

Post a Comment